Our new website

Monday 4 February 2013

The Urban Beanie

My good friend Busola, has designed these great beanie's..... (Available to purchase for £5)


In the words of cream eggs...... How do you wear yours?

Beanies are cheap, easy personal style accessories. With so many different styles, the beanie is a great accessory that expresses an individual’s sense of style. So I thought why not style one in my own DIY way and all for a fiver. Here is how I did it:

Equipment:
* Image transfers – I used Phoenix’s T-Shirt Transfers Dark
* An Iron
* Scissors
* Greaseproof paper or Silicone paper
* And a hat

Grab and image and print it off on an INKJET printer. I ironed my beanie under the silicone paper first and gave it a stretch as well. Then take the backing off the transfer paper and place the image where you want it. Iron on under silicone or greaseproof paper on the highest setting of your iron for 30 seconds. I used silicone paper as it gives the image shinny finish while greaseproof paper gives it a matt finish. Leave it for a minute iron again under the paper, then viola!

This mini DIY-er takes less than 10 minutes to complete and you have your own style beanie to show off to the rest of the world. Enjoy- Written by Busola Afolabi

Styling of the Urban Beanie- 










No comments:

Post a Comment