Our new website

Wednesday 14 November 2012

There is a new Hill in town, move over Dunhill


Hill is a Hong Kong based menswear label by British designer, Anthony Hill.

Our philosophy is to create high-quality clothing for the man who cares about his image but disregards fast-fashion trends. He is defined by his own thoughts and actions yet appreciates unique and understated design”. Anthony Hill.

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting the charming designer, in his central based studio. Questions were asked, pictures were taken, and here is the outcome-

So Anthony, I understand you studied womenwear design at Central St Martins, so why the transition to menswear?

I grew to love menswear after I was heavily involved in freelancing. I then took a vested interest, in the shopping habits of men, and what was lacking in their wardrobe. So with that in mind I decided to fill the gap, with my brand Hill, which sits in the middle of tailoring and high fashion. The collection concentrating on smart/ causal, shorts, chinos and blazers. The blazers are canvassed and measured to rakish perfection. Shorts and chinos are comfortable, durable and uncomplicated.





As you know I’m an image consultant, and I am always interested to know other people’s style personality, so Anthony, what would you say your style personality is?

Oh, that’s an interesting question; well I like to take elements of Italian, British, and American preppy styles together to create my unique individual look. I love waking up in the morning and putting outfits together.  I feel everyday it’s important, to ‘own what you wear’.

Anthony invites you to enjoy the edited simplicity of his range, visit www.hill.com.hk

No comments:

Post a Comment